Saturday, October 8, 2016

Covered Bridge


Wintertime in the Country.  How fun it was to create a wintery scene using Susan's CountryScapes  Olde Covered Bridge die.  

This is a 6x6 inch card.  I die cut the bridge using a piece of wood grain design paper.  Before die cutting it, I attached a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive to white card and attached the design paper on top. This gave the bridge stability.   The bridge was die cut again placing it on top of the adhesive covered card stock,  then the roof was cut off.  The covering over the adhesive was pulled off and glittered with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, then attached to the bridge.

On a 5 3/4" square piece of card stock, clouds were sponged on using Susan's new Earth & Sky Stencil, then  trees were sponged on using her new Evergreen Groove Stencil and PanPastels.  Blue was sponged on at the bottom of the card to resemble water.  The bridge was held in place where I wanted to attach it, to see where I needed to sponge on brown PanPastel - this is the area that is inside the bridge.  I wanted to create a snowy scene, so that is why I only added brown inside the bridge.  Since the bridge is over water, I used Els van de Burgt Studio Pebbles die to die cut two "rocks" that were glued at each end of the bridge.

Using Susan's CountryScapes Woods 4 Holiday Evergreen & Trimmings die set, four evergreens were die cut.  Only the top portion of the tree was used in some areas.  

Using the CountryScapes Critters 1 die set, three cardinals were die cut using red card stock.  They were detailed with a fine line black marker.

One large evergreen was glued to the background, then the bridge was attached with glue dots over the river.  I didn't want that bottom edge of the bridge glued down on the river.  The other evergreens were attached to the card.  The cardinals were attached to the trees.  

I spread glue across the road and added Ranger snowflake embossing tinsel.  You are suppose to heat set this, but I didn't because I liked the look for the road.  Next I used Faber Castell  Whipped Spackle to add snow piles around the sides of the road.  A little bit of the Spackle was added in the water and on the trees.  To achieve a snowy scene, I used Wedding Dress irRESISTible Pico Embellisher, to add dots of snow.

To create a frame from this scene, I cut a piece of white card stock 5 3/4" square then used the largest die in the  Els van de Burgt Studio Postage Stamp Squares die set to cut the design.  The Postage Stamp Square die was centered in the 5 3/4" square, taped, then die cut.  Foam Tape was added around the outside edges and attached over the picture.  

To outline the white frame, I used Gold Line Peel Off Stickers.  To finish the card, I used the A Way With Words - 4 Seasons die set to die cut "Winter" using Gold Metallic card stock.

It is always fun to use your imagination and tell a story using Susan's CountryScape die sets.  

The following products can be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs:



2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This took by breath away absolutely gorgeous! This is one about 15 minutes from our Illinois house: Cut and Paste this:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/long-grove-covered-bridge-long-grove

Selma said...

I always look forward to going to Longgrove when I visit my friend in Chicago. Such a fun place!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails