Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Believe


As many of you know, I like to start making my Christmas cards early so I am not in a rush when the holidays arrive.

How cute is this card!!!!    I love to watch all the Elizabeth Craft Designs YouTube videos for ideas and complete instructions for using their products.  When I saw Karen Burniston's video for this cute Fireplace card, I had to give it a try.  Here is the LINK to Karen's YouTube Pop it Ups - Lots of Pops Fireplace Scene video.  Karen shows how to use the Lots of Pops die to animate this fireplace complete with Santa's boots dangling in the opening.  The boots and stockings are easy to create using Karen's Props 6 Cowboy Boots die set.  It looks like it might be complicated, but Karen's instructions are so easy to follow, giving all the details needed.  I'm sure you will have fun creating this delightful PopUp card.

I love how Karen created this fireplace.  You cut little strips of red card stock and layer them on gray card stock that is covered with a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive, then add Pewter Silk Microfine Glitter for the grout.  I was so impressed with how realistic it looks! This technique was used for both the fireplace and the chimney on the front of the card.

I basically created my card the same as Karen, but used my own design paper and added my own touches for the fireplace. Inside the fireplace, I have used Susan's CountryScapes Woods 2 die set.  I have added a piece of design paper to create a wood plank floor on my card.  I love Karen's idea on creating the hearth in front of the fireplace. For the sentiment, I die cut the A Way With Words - Believe using black card stock.



This shows the whole inside of the card.  Don't you love those Santa boots dangling in the fireplace!


This is the front of the card.  Again I used Karen's ideas for the chimney and Santa hat, but decided to use a piece of Els van de Burgt Through The Lens Wood Series Design Paper to create shingles for the roof of the house.  I used a marker to draw in shingle lines on the design paper.  The Elizabeth Craft Alphabet 2 Lower Case Letter die set was used for the ho, ho ho.  

This is the first PopUp Fireplace card I have created, but I had so much fun creating it, I plan to make more.  

To create this fun card, be sure to watch Karen's YouTube video, for complete instructions.

The following products can be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs:

Bark Embossing Folder (for mantel)


2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Wow- Christmas in July was such a surprise but I understand your head start!

Nancy Hill said...

Adorable. Love the scene with Santa down the chimney. Also miss Joan from Joan's Garden and seeing your gorgeous cards posted there as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails