Sunday, January 24, 2016

Fun Flying Kites


 Today I am thinking of Spring when you can go out and have fun flying kites.   I used the Joset Design Kite dies  for the focal point on this card.  This is a 6x6 card.  Someone asked me what card stock to use to create a 6x6 card.  The easiest way is to use 12x12 card stock cut to 6" wide and scored in the middle.

A slightly smaller piece of card stock was cut for the design front.  It was sponged using Susan's CountryScapes Cloud/Grass dies for the background. The kites were die cut and the yellow/green kite decorated using one of the Els van de Burgt Ribbon 1 dies.  The edges of the kites were sponged.

The dimensional clouds were die cut using the cloud die from Joset's Rainbow Sky die set.  They were added with dimensional tape.  The kits were then also added with dimensional tape.

The fence was die cut using Susan's new CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor & Picket Fence dies.  In front of the fence I added Susan's CountryScapes Garden Edges Tulip.  Aren't the three new Garden Edges sets cute!  She has the Garden Edges Tulips, Hyacinth, and Daffodil die sets in her new release.

I felt like I needed something tall on the right side of the card, so I die cut the tree in Karen Burniston's All Seasons Tree and added leaves from the ECD Leafy Branch die cut.  To add a sentiment, I used the Els van de Burgt Alphabet 2 - Lower Case dies. 

This was a fun card to create.  I think we are all looking forward to Spring when we can get out and do fun things!

The products from Elizabeth Craft Design are:

1152 - Kites
1151 - Rainbow Sky
1122 -  Ribbons 1
1075 -  Alphabet 2 - Lower Case
781- All Seasons Tree
1094 - CountryScapes Cloud Grass
1134 - CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor & Picket Fence
1133 - CountryScapes Garden Edges Tulips
1033 - Leafy Branch 
 PSF102 - Soft Finish Card Stock


7 comments:

Eva van Buuren said...

Wow....Selma......what a wonderful, cheerful scene!!
The kites are great, such as the whole card.
It makes me happy to watch your lovely fun kites in this bad, rainy weather here.
Thanks for bring a little bit Spring to us.
Hugs, Eva.

Rita said...

Hello My Friend. Sorry I have not much time to blog recently, but I akways love to see what you have been doing and this is just so stunning. Lots of work involved mind you but it shows and the finish is perfect. Hope your all well and safe from the snow storms. Hugs Rita xxxx

Cheryl W said...

Lovely, happy card! Your kites add such an element of fun. I love those tiny, little tulips, too.

Glenda said...

Such a cute card! Love those adorable kites and they make me think of Spring. Hope your weather isn't too terrible!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Super and I am anxious for Spring also!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for replying, but what I actually asked was if you do use 12x12 cardstock, how do you find any that is heavy enough to use as a card base. I just never have seen any 12x12 cardstock that was heavy enough to suit me for a card base. I guess I just prefer me card bases heavier than you do. I can't stand a flimsy card base.

Anonymous said...

If you do know a brand of cardstock that comes in a heavy weight in the 12x12 size, please share the brand name.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails