Saturday, August 29, 2015

Elegant Poinsettia Card

 

Susan's Garden Notes Poinsettia's help you create beautiful Christmas cards!  I have shown you these poinsettias in red and non-traditional purple; today I want to show you how pretty they are in white, to create elegant cards.  I lightly sponged Susan's light green Pan Pastels at the base of the petals before assembling.  The leaves were sponged green with a hint of red.  Behind the poinsettias, I added a few pieces of Susan's Garden Notes Whitepine Boughs.  The gold berries were created with the ECD Berry Branch.  I die cut the branch using shiny gold card stock then glued on gold beads.  This helped to tie in with the beautiful shiny gold Quietfire Season's Greeting sentiment.  

This is a 6"x6" card.  There is a slightly smaller piece of card stock that was attached with dimensional tape.  Another 5" square was cut for the Poinsettia arrangement and also attached with dimensional tape.  Elizabeth Craft gold border and corner stickers were used to frame this pretty arrangement.

Els announced on Facebook that Susan's new dies will start shipping soon.  I hope you are following Elizabeth Craft Designs on Facebook to see all the beautiful cards that are being posted and to see the many specials offered.

Be sure to check out all the new products at Elizabeth Craft Designs.


17 comments:

Glenda said...

Wow, this is gorgeous my friend!

Rita said...

Magnificent card Selma. Love those stunning poinsettias. Hugs Rita xxx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, love these flowers in white, Cathy x

Janie Printz said...

Gorgeous creation Selma. Those poinsettias are so beautiful in white & love, love love the gold beads & trim. Hope you are out of harms way with all the smoke & fires. We are praying for rain here in Montana. Keep those creative ideas coming !!! Always look forward to seeing your work. Hugs, Janie

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma, This is stunning and as usual our flowers are fabulous!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

YOUR flowers, not mine! haha

Anonymous said...

Hi Selma,

I love this card. I bought the poinsettia die and I'll try to make something like this. Not halve as good as you are, but I'll try.

Hugs,
Erna

Mary Dimercurio Prasad said...

Really lovely card Selma!

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful!!!

SuzzieQ said...

Your card today is the most elegant of the Christmas cards I have seen designed this summer. It is just georgeous. And I would love to receive this card in the mail as I am sure everyone would be. All the gold elements set off the floral in such an lovely way! Thank you for sharing. Wishing all a great week.

KVencel said...

This card is definitely elegant & gorgeous! Love your poinsettias.

Anonymous said...

Oh Selma, this is gorgeous!!! I believe I am going to have to get some of these dies and the Quietfire Sentiments. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with all of us.

Hugs,
Debi

Quietfire said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!

Christine said...

Absolutely one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. Stunning.

Mary Mac said...

Very classy card Selma - your white poinsettia is magnificent. Such a delightful card for anyone to receive.

Anonymous said...

Selma this is SUPER, SUPER FANTASTIC. The poinsettias are gorgeous as is the whole card. This is a showcase piece as it is the most gorgeous Christmas card I have ever seen. What an artist you are! Love your work.

Hugs, Sheila

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Beautiful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails