Thursday, October 11, 2012

Merry Christmas


Today I thought I would create a card in non-traditional colors.   For my background, I used the Marianne Design (DS0908) embossing folder.  This is a 6"x5.5" card and the folder was placed across just the top portion so I could add the flower arrangement below it.  This folder has the perfect frame for my sentiment which is from Cheery Lynn.  

The large flower was created with the Heartfelt Creations "Layered Poinsettia" dies.  The smaller flowers were die cut using the Marianne Design (LR0142) Poinsettia.  The holly was die cut using the new  Marianne Design Holly Branch.  There are two sizes of holly branches in this package.  The tips of the holly were sponged with "Seedless Preserves" Distress Ink and brushed out with the largest Ranger Water Brush to blend the color.  Martha Stewart "branches" were tucked in around the arrangement.  Kaiser Craft Rhinestones were added to the center of the flowers and to the embossed "berries" in the holly branches.  

The corners are from the new Spellbinders "Marvelous Squares" die set.  I didn't realize at first  that one of the smaller square dies in this set has four corners that die - I thought it was a doily die.  I love that you only have to run this die through one time and you get four corners. 


Marianne Design embossing folder (DS0908)
Cheery Lynn "Merry Christmas Set" (B186)
Heartfelt Creations "Layered Poinsettia" (Spellbinders) die set
Marianne Design Poinsettia (LRO 142)
Spellbinders "Marvelous Squares" (S4-383)
Seedless Preserves Distress Ink
Ranger Water Brush
Kaiser Craft Rhinestones 

767981

12 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Oooh so lovely Selma! Your die cut flower are beautiful but your arangement is the making of this lovely card.

Seafield Jo said...

Wow Selma, this is gorgeous. I love the colours and the layout, beautiful.

Jo x

Glenda said...

Just like I have always said, you handle purple so well. Your card is lovely and I love that die cut flower. Have a great weekend!

craftieodmae said...

that is just beautiful!!!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Hi Selma what a stunning card and beautiful colour. Sorry I haven't commented on your last 3 cards as I have cad computer probs but now I can see them and they are as beautiful as always.

Love Sheila xx

Anonymous said...

Selma, what a beautiful card. I do have that frame ,but never thought about it for Christmas. Your card is stunning and those colours look magnificent. TFS. Enjoy your Week-end. Hugs Rita xx

Memaw said...

Selma,

This card is stunning -I loves the colors and they way you did it.
I am going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing
Judy

Memaw said...

Selma,

This card is stunning -I loves the colors and they way you did it.
I am going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing
Judy

Mihaela said...

Awesome Christmas card, such a beautiful colors!!!

Abfabdesigns said...

Stunning
xxx hugs xxx

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous and thanks for all the info! I can always use more help!!!!!
Sandy

CraftinGranny said...

What a gorgeous card Selma!!!! Have a fun weekend! "Hugs"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails