Saturday, July 28, 2012

Strawberry Box


When I started this card I had no idea what I was going to do.  In fact, it wasn't even going to be a card.  I have this cute strawberry box die from Joan's Gardens and wanted to use it for a little box to hold some birthday money for one of my granddaughters.  I kept going and ended up making a card.

 The die I used for the strawberry box is the My Favorite Things "Berry Box".  In this picture you can see the die and the die cut pieces and supplies I used to complete the box.  I love that the die includes very realistic "dimples" in the strawberry and the stem on top looks so realistic.  It was very easy to put together.  This box will hold some money or small pieces of chocolate or even one large piece of extra special chocolate.  Along the top you can see a piece of green hemp that is 20 inches long.  I have threaded a green button on it and placed it in the center. This gives stability to the closure when pulling the hemp tight.  You could use a narrow piece of ribbon if you want.  The red strawberry is pre-scored and holes in the top of each section for easy assembly.  There is a tab to close the box and you can see I added a piece of ScorTape.


 The top has been die cut using green card stock and folded along the score lines.  The hemp was threaded through the four holes in the top then through the button and tied in a bow on the top.

 Another view showing you the top.  I trimmed off some of the ends of the hemp.  When you thread it through the holes in a button, sometimes it wants to fray so that is why I made it longer than needed.

I have included several views so you can see the finished strawberry box.  I attached it to the card with a piece of Velcro.  It looks so real, doesn't it!

For the background on this card I used the Dotted Swiss embossing folder on the red card stock.  The doily is the Spellbinders "Butterfly Circles" die; on top of the Butterfly Circle I added the Memory Box "Quinn Flourish".  This flourish adds such a pretty background for so many things!  Across the top of the card I added some of the little butterflies that came out of the "Butterfly Circle".  I love it when you can use the "left overs" from die cut pieces.  Along the bottom I thought some strawberry flowers would look good.  I use the Cheery Lynn "Darling Daisies" die for the flowers and added a stamen from the Cheery Lynn "Build A Flower #1" die set.  The cute little leaves are from the Cheery Lynn "Flourish Leaf Strip".  On the underside of the card I added a punched border doily; I used the Martha Stewart "Double Arches" punches.  

This card will be put in a small gift bag.  My granddaughter can pull the strawberry off to get the money enclosed.  I think she will like this "unique" card.

All the products used on this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens:
My Favorite Things "Berry Box"
Spellbinders "Butterfly Circles" S4-329
Cheery Lynn "Flourish Leaf Strip" (B178)
Cheery Lynn Darling Daisies (A196)
Memory Box "Quinn Flourish" (98267)
Martha Stewart "Double Arches" punches
Cuttlebug "Dotted Swiss" embossing Folder
Green Hemp
ScorTape

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your weekend.

6 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Such a cute card for your granddaughter. What a great way to use the Strawberry Box die. Great job.
She will love it.

Sue said...

Stunning card, I adore that strawberry design and the colours and detailing are wonderful

Sue

Caroline said...

Stunning card love the strawberry and the design and colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Darlene said...

This is just precious Selma! Love the strawberry box and all those little butterflies! Great job ... she's going to adore this creation & the surprise inside!!
HUGS from OHIO

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh I love this Selma....it's such a wonderful and clever idea. That strawberry looks good enough to eat! Your granddaughter will love it, of that I'm pretty sure.

Love Sheila xx

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Selma!!!

Amo morangos!!! Nossa seu cartão ficou fantástico!!! Da vontade até de comer esse morango. Maravilhosamente lindo!!!

Beijos

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails