Monday, July 9, 2012

Just Thinking About You

 I will be leaving Wednesday to fly out to Indiana to see Joan.  I am looking forward to spending some fun time with Joan.  I am also excited about the get together she planned for Friday so I can meet a lot of you.  I have my little project all ready.  Joan and I will be going up to Chicago on Sunday to attend CHA.  I am so excited.  I will have a few posts on my blog while I am gone.  One of the posts will be for the Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge this week, then next week I will have a few posts for the new Heartfelt Creations July and August releases. 

For my card today I used some of the roses I created a few weeks ago.  I used the Spellbinders "Bitty Blossoms" dies.  The center of the roses were sponged with a peach ink.  The pretty flourish behind them is the Cheery Lynn "Victorian Romance Flourish.  I tucked in a few of the Cheery Lynn small leaf branches.  

The background was embossed with one of the  Sizzix "Thank You Set #5" embossing folders.  I used one of the stamps from the Heartfelt Creations "Heartfelt Expressions" stamp set for the sentiment.  I love the size of all the sentiments in this set.  To complete this card, I added a few Kaiser Craft "Bliss" pearls.

All these products can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

Cheery Lynn Victorian Romance Flourish (DL 151)
Cheery Lynn Flourish Leaf Strip (B178)
Heartfelt Creations "Heartfelt Expressions PreCut Set" (HCPC 3474)
Sizzix "Thank You Set #5" (656983)
Kaiser Craft pearls
Spellbinders "Bitty Blossoms"

649787

11 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is way out of the park gorgeous! You've outdone yourself again!

Antonella said...

What a beautiful card!!! I love your roses, and the beautiful details you add to all your projects.
Hugs, antonella :-)

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolutely stunning Selma! Have a fun time with Joan and don't forget to tell us all about the new things you see at the CHA on your return. Congratulations on you new flower die.

Love Sheila xx

Glenda said...

Simply stunning as always! Love the Embossing folder you used and the pearls that match. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is gorgeous. Stuning!!!
One more "sleep" as my grandkids say when they are coming to my house. I can't wait to see you.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

A Consuming Passion said...

Ooh such a beautiful card Selma!!!! Enjoy your trip to meet up with Joan and your fab. time at CHA!!!!

craftieodmae said...

oh you will have a ball, you have so many projects in the making, which I am sure will be just as gorgeous as this one and all you that make!

Lou said...

Wonderfully Done! How you have been able 2 create another Masterpiece is a Marvel, esp when You Must B BUSY getting ready for CHA in Rosemont! listen Be sure to go to the Marriot Which is On the Same River Street! Thay have a most reasonalbe Lunch Meal, A Chicken Flourentine on a bed of pasta, et a Sauce out of this world. Also Just up the street on Higgins, there is a Restaurant A Great Family Style Place called the Olymic, or is it The Olympian
any way as most Family restuaunrt
in Chgo it's greek own, However be ready to eat there EVERY DAY, They ALWAYS have VERY VERY Reasonable
Price and the Amount of food You get, and OH the OPTIONS! The marriot is great for a Special, but i can Grarantee that You'll Love the Family Restaurant! They'll have a Standard menu, BUT then they;ll Always have some Specials!!!Actually there are many Family Style Restraunts,..as always ask @ the Desk!! I sure hope You'll have a chance to seek out the stamps from Lilly of the Valley, and Sellen Nellie(?) they have one called Joy oh and then there is Faith, really they are so
cute U want 2 reach in & Hug them!
I sure hope I'll be able to come to Lake station? Oh I'll figure it out , I used to live IN Donaldson, IN, for just over 4 yrs. I sure hope I can make it. Please travel safe, and with care. Enjoy Yourself and hugs to Joan. <(*o*)>

Lou said...

Oh and just up nthe same street on Higgins there is(or was) a Pizza Place Gionardos, or is it Manzanati;s, nop I really think its Gionardos, Any way it's ONE of thoses Famous Chgo Pizza's The Veggie one is out of this world, to say nothing of the Italian Sausage(which if u didn't know, But Chgo, is 2nd to none when it come to sausage, cause they make theri own. Maybe I should have put this all in the pt e-mail. but this way anyone going to that area will also have some tips.I used to work there on the NW corner of River Rd,& Higgins. Don't forget to take Salon-Pas, they also work great on Ur feet when the "dogs R barking" Take Care.

Memaw said...

Selma,

This card is beautiful - I am one of the lucky one's to see you Friday and I am having anxity attack about it - LOL - Have a safe great trip.
Judy

Nicoleta Ilie said...

i love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails