Saturday, November 5, 2011

May Beautiful Moments




Today I did something I have been wanting to do for a long time -- make a shaped card using  Spellbinders dies.  I started out by using the largest "Label Eight" Nestie.  I folded over a piece of vanilla card stock and placed the top of the Nestie  cutting line just above the folded edge of the card stock.  This created a folded card in this shape.  You can see that in the second photo.   A second Label Eight was cut out of a single piece of card stock then embossed with the Sizzix "Holly Swirls" (657139) embossing folder.  This embossed label was attached over the folded card.

The Spellbinders "Label Four" Nesties were used to create the frame for the sentiment.  First the largest and next largest labels were taped on the card stock to cut a narrow frame.  Next, just the largest Label Four die was used to cut a solid label.   One of the sentiments from the JustRite "Christmas Nested Sentiments" stamp set was stamped on the label.   Distress Ink was used to sponge all pieces on this card except the narrow Labels Four Frame.  After sponging, the frame was glued over the label matching the outside edges.  One of the Spellbinder "Symbology Shapeabilities" was added to the bottom of the frame.  

The Poinsettia flower was created using the Marianne Designs LR0122 dies.  Below the poinsettia is the Memory Box "Madera Corner".  It is a beautiful flourish with little holly leaves -  it matches the embossed background really well.  This is a new die you can get at Joan's Gardens now.    To finish the card I used another new product from Joan's Gardens called Ranger  "Bisque Liquid Pearls".  I love the color of these pearls. 

I am happy I finally designed a shaped card - it was a lot of fun and  I do like the way it turned out.  As you know, you can purchase any of the products I use from Joan's Gardens.

349080

29 comments:

Paper Bagley said...

I dont have many Sizzix dies but you have sold me on this one...what a beautiful piece of art from you heart...Tootsie

Karen said...

This is gorgeous! : )

CraftinGranny said...

Oh my Selma, this is stunning and elegant. Another amazing creation. Totally gorgeous! "Hugs"

Lana said...

Selma this is beyond beautiful!! I love the delicate & sheer beauty of it, its just so elegant. I am gona have to case this one!!! LOL
Hugs

Nancy Jensen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the white & cream vintage look. So elegant!

Sheila - Ginger said...

I really can't find words to describe your latest creation Selma! Stunning, elegant...but these don't even come near.

Love Sheila xx

Rita said...

Selma, your card to-day just took my breath away. Its so beautiful. I have most elements for this one ,but not the sentiment. Awesome card and Thankyou for sharing. Hugs Rita xxxx

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Selma this is a stunning card. I love that embossing folder and the way you used it is awesome. I see another challenge coming. ha It certainly is another favorite!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

craftieodmae said...

I love this, its so elegant!!! and I need to get me some of those pearls!!!

Mary Jo said...

Selma this card is just stunning. It has an elegance beyond words that makes it a true work of art. TFS

ednamburgess said...

Very Beautiful! Edna

Anonymous said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! What an eye popping card!

Jackie
Oregon

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Another stunning card, Selma! This is a gorgeous shape-makes such a classy looking card!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Selma, this is so gorgeous, I love the tone on tones. It is so laces and delicate. I can't say enough about it. Wonderful.

Hugs Gretchen

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is absolutely stunning! I too have been wanting to make a shaped card and this is great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Your work is always Wonderful, but this goes above & beyond. Just love it. Thanks for always sharing Selma!


Hugs, Sheila Southern Ontario Canada

Marg said...

This is just beautiful!

Lginger said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!!

Bette S said...

I've been following your blog for some time, Selma, and I love all your creations, but I have to tell you this is absolutely beautiful! Wish I had just a fraction of your wonderful talent!

Anonymous said...

Love it love it love it. TFS

Ruth Gray

Francie (Montreal) said...

Wow! This is breathtaking. Beautiful job, Selma.

Gail said...

how beautiful and elegant..wow..reminds me of a winter wedding or a lovely frosty night..tfs..loves ya

http://jackpineridge.blogspot.com

Pssequimages said...

Oh Selma this is absolutely fantastic. I'm so glad you shared the steps to create this elegant card. Thank you for your inspiration!

nwilliams6 said...

Selma, this is wonderful - so elegant! TFS - it is inspires me!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! So beautiful. Very serene.

Ter ;)

Sharon Peele said...

Wow Selma this takes my breath away!! Absolutely beautiful!!

Brenda said...

Selma this is so gorgeous!!! I love the soft beautiful of the ivory with all of the beautiful touches. You are a true inspiration.

Lynn said...

You inspire me! It has all been said...beautiful, gorgeous, lovely, etc. I just had to make one too!

Shirley said...

How very elegant and lovely! The whole card is just wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails