Sunday, October 30, 2011

Stair Step Card





 I saw this idea about a month ago and did not bookmark the blog I saw it on, and now can't find it so I can give credit to the person who originally came up with is cute idea. I can't remember exactly how the original card was created, but the main idea is the same.  You start out with a side step card. Here is the link at SCS for directions on how to create this type card. The card was created completely with a sheet of design paper from the Graphic 45 "Christmas Emporium"  paper pad.  The only item that was not from this paper pad is a die cut tree using Marianne Designs "LR0136".  Gold Stickles was used for lights on the tree.  Cover each of the stair steps with your choice of cut out images from this design paper to create your scene.  I used a manila shipping tag to attach the music to, because it needed stability.   This is such a fun idea and I am sure there are many different ways to create your scene.    Joan's Gardens still has a supply of these Graphic 45 Christmas pads if you would like to give this a try. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

344369

14 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous Selma! What a creative Christmas Card.

Gail said...

omgosh!!! Selma there is no end to your imagination..i love c'mas, i love santa's and i love love vintage and times past..you have given all that an more with this awesome creation..tfs..loves ya

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, Selma! I actually DID bookmark it! Robin Shakoor had it posted and here is the link to the post: http://robinshakoor.blogspot.com/2011/09/graphic-45-fiskars-team-up.html

Your card is fabulous, Selma! I love anything Graphic 45. Beautifully done!

Selma said...

Wow - Patti this is not the one I saw. It is still different. This link will give others more ideas. I still haven't found the original one I saw but thanks for including this link.

craftieodmae said...

I hate when I do that, find something fantastic then forget where I saw it at!!!! This is eyepopping gorgeous!!!!

Patti J said...

Wow, all I can say is that there are so many wonderful talented people out there!

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOW.... this is simply amazing! Love all the detail... amazing!

paperpapier said...

this is a beautiful vintage style Christmas stair step card...!

Glenda said...

What a stunner! Such a wonderful idea and you creativity is just bustin out all over! Beautiful!

Karen W said...

This is gorgeous and so unique, love it!!

Darlene said...

Another AMAZING and very inspirational work of art! Thanks for always sharing these wonderful ideas with us. I haven't commented on your prior postings but have truly been inspired by them.

Thanks too for all the hard work and fun project ideas for this past weekend's workshop at Joan's Gardens. WOW what fabulous techniques and creations. You & Joan are certainly a GREAT TEAM!!

ednamburgess said...

How clever of you. Love it, but looks like lots of cutting to me. Keep up the good work. Edna

Lana said...

Selma,
You have out done yourself today for sure this is just plain AWESOME!!!! So unique I love it!!!
Hugs
Lana

Anonymous said...

Selma: I loved your stair step or side step card. Where can I get the measurements for the stair step or side step card?

Margie Fulcher

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails