Saturday, October 29, 2011

Merry Christmas Reindeer


This is my second post today.  Hope you didn't miss my Heartfelt Creations box posted earlier.

It is only 56 days until Christmas; can you believe it!  How are you coming along creating your Christmas Cards?  I'm still working away on mine, and today worked with the beautiful reindeer.  He was die cut using the Sizzix Reindeer die (657246).  Joan's Gardens does have a good supply of these dies.  I always like to dress up my die cuts and today was no exception.  The reindeer was die cut, using Kraft card stock,  then the body was inserted into the Sizzix "Triad Leaves (657259) embossing folder to give him some texture.  Christmas is a time for lots of glitter and shine so I used Mica Gloss "Chocolate" Metallic Effects Ink" over the body.  This is a beautiful color.  The shine does not show up well in the picture but in real life it has tiny little sparkles in it.  On the antlers I used the Adriondak "Gold" Acrylic Paint Dabber.  I tried using the Mica Gloss gold but it was a very bright gold and I wanted this more muted gold on the reindeer. A black pearl was added to his eye.  To make him even more festive I used thin gold cording to wrap around his neck, twice, then added three tiny jingle bells using "Crafter's Pick "The Ultimate" glue.  This glue works great on just about anything, including metal. 
I found a scrap piece design paper from last year that has glittered snowflakes I thought would be perfect because I wanted to use the new Cheery Lynn "Laced Pine Snowflake" (DL175).  It was die cut using white card stock and lightly glittered with an aqua glitter that matches the snowflakes in the design paper.  For the sentiment I used one of the JustRite stamps from "Sparky and Friends" and cut it out with a Spellbinders oval Nestie.   It was attached to the center of the snowflake.  Under the reindeer I attached the Cheery Lynn "Polynesian Sails Oval" doily (DL153) which was die cut on a pearlized card stock.  The center does come out of this die because there is a smaller circle doily die in the middle.  I wanted a solid center so the reindeer would show up, so I used a Spellbinder "Petite Scallop Oval" to cover that opening. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend and even find time to create some of your Christmas cards.

As you know, all the products I use can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.


9 comments:

Chrissy said...

Another beauty Selma...love the reindeer...gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOW... that's all... WOW!

Unknown said...

wow you work alot today just got home and there is alot to look at
but this card is very beautiful
like very much the reindeer
you did very good today
can not wait to see what you are going to do next tomorrow
Have a very good week-end

Glenda said...

Are your fingers getting tired? You just keep cranking them out; one gorgeous project after another! This one is a beauty!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh I love how you done the reindeer Selma ands uch a fabulous card...somehow I missed your other project so going to have a look now.

Love Sheila xx

Janett said...

Beautiful card

Mary G. said...

Selma, this is so elegantly beautiful! Love the embossing on the reindeer! Just beautiful!

Kristie W. said...

This is so pretty, Selma!! I love the embossed reindeer :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

gorgeous just GORGEOUS!
you are on a stampin creating wave (-:
that ornament box is so lovely - beautiful color

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails