Saturday, October 29, 2011

Heartfelt Creations Christmas Ornament Box



This is a box I designed with some of the new Heartfelt Creations Christmas stamps last month and realized I forgot to post it.  This is a 6x6" box.  The pretty ornament is from the Heartfelt Creations "Poinsettia Ornament 1 PreCut Set" (HCPC 3416).  It was gold embossed on Vanilla card stock and cut out.  To give it a "glass" appearance, I applied VersaMark Ink over the entire piece then poured Ranger's Clear "Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel" over it and melted the embossing enamel.  This is a very thick embossing powder so in order to get a really smooth glass look, I repeated these steps two more times - more VersaMark and embossing enamel.  You actually can just apply more embossing enamel on the piece as soon as you stop using the heat gun ten heat again - the embossing enamel will stick to the melted enamel.

There is a pretty poinsettia design on the ornament, but to make it dimensional, I stamped four of the flowers from the Heartfelt Creations "Petite Poinsettia PreCut Set" (HCPC 3415) using VersaMark and Detail Gold Embossing Powder.  They were shapped with the tools from the Flower Tool Kit and arranged.  The stamen in the center was punched using the "Medium Sky Flake" punch.  

The design paper used on the box is from Webster's Pages.  Before attaching the ornament to the box I white embossed the pretty flourish from the Heartfelt Creations "Holiday Dove PreCut Set" (HCPC 3420).  A Gold and white bow was attached at the top of the ornament and a pretty lace attached around the side of the box.  I plan to fill this box with some of my Christmas cards and send it to a friend.

You can purchase all your Heartfelt Creations stamps from Joan's Gardens.

I will be posting another card later this morning.


6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty Selma! I'm working on a box myself right now (0=

Unknown said...

very very pretty like how you did this one

Betty Benton said...

I do like your box, Selma! Also the reindeer on your other post. I think I got interrupted and never commented on it! Looking forward to tomorrow and a boat trip with snorkeling!

A Consuming Passion said...

You're so busy Selma It's no wonder you forgot!! So many beautiful cards and this box is just gorgeous.....you'll be ready when Christmas comes I think!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Wow this is just so beautiful Selma and whoever receives it with your wonderful cards will be absolutley delighted.

Love Sheila xx

isobel said...

Beautiful Selma, I love the box, will have a go at that later, this latest collection from Heartfelt are such a helpful way at getting a start on Christmas cards. Many Blessings to you, and all your followers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails