Friday, November 5, 2010

Raintree Tilda


I spent most of the day with my family but wanted to get a card posted this afternoon. They are predicting snow next week so we took advantage of a pretty nice day.   I received a bunch of new stamps and have been anxious to "play" with them. This was a pretty quick and easy card to create.   I used another Magnolia stamp from Joan's Gardens.  Her name is "Raintree Tilda".  Two things came to mind when I saw her:  use the cute reindeer designer paper from the Kaiser Craft "Be Merry Collection" and the embossed Tim Holtz pine trees. Have you tried these embossing folders yet?  I am so impressed with how deeply they emboss. 

I stamped Tilda, colored her with Copic markers, then cut her out.  I use the Labels Four Nestabilities (the largest one) for a frame for Tilda.  The verse is from the JustRite "Holiday Demi Phrases" set.  All the verses in this set are half circles and work perfect for something like this.  After stamping the verse, I embossed the trees, then sponged around the edges with Tim Holtz Distress ink. I added a little green chalk to the trees so they would show up better. 

The striped designed paper was distressed around the edges using the Zutter Distrezz-It-All tool.  How how easy it is to run your paper through this little machine to distress the edges.  If you are interested in one, you can order it from Joan's Gardens.  I then used my sewing machine to stitch the papers together.  The background was attached with dimensionals and Tilda was also attached with more dimensionals.  I forgot to mention that a piece of red card stock, and two ribbons were layered across the middle before sewing the pieces together.  Using a Martha Stewart corner punch, I punched two corners into a piece of red card stock, cut them to fit the corners of the card, and attached them with adhesive.  A bow was added to complete the card.

All the products used on this card can be purchased from Joan Gardens.

Hope you have a great weekend.  Thanks again for stopping by.

5 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a sweetie! Saw a few of these at the craft show yesterday but managed to resist! Beautiful Card Selma.

Making Cards With Crafty Sue said...

Love everything about this card Selma...Raintree Tilda looks a little cutie and sure to please,

thanks for sharing susan

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is the cutest thing. I love every detail you used. Those Tim Holtz trees have so many uses and wait till you see what I am getting in next! The raindeer paper background is perfect for Raintree Tilda!

Don't you just love that Zutter Distrezer machine?

I just showed Jon your card and he thought it was the cutest thing.
Great job my friend!!!!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Colleen said...

Selma,
so pretty the way you used the trees.

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are so versatile! This is just plain adorable! Love the dp with the reindeer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails