Thursday, October 14, 2010

Joan's Gardens Challenge 19



Are you ready for a new challenge? It's time for the next Joan's Gardens Thursday Challenge.  Joan is very busy this week preparing for her workshop on Saturday with Emma Lou Beechy, from Heartfelt Creations, so she asked me to to prepare the sample card for this week.   Here are the items Joan would like to see on your card/project this week:

  • Paper-Flower background paper - preferably Webster Pages
  • Rosette or paper flower
  • Stamp - Sentiment - preferably JustRite
  • Border Punch -preferably Martha Stewart

My card base is Not Quite Navy. A piece of designer paper from the Webster's Pages "Hollywood/Waterfall petite paper collection is used for the background. The Tim Holtz Rosette Die was used to create my paper flower. Using this die is such an easy way to create these beautiful rosettes. I added a Making Memories Flower Button to the center. To "antique" my rosette a little, I sponged on some Distress Ink on the edges and to the top of each mountain fold of rosette.

My sentiment is from the JustRite set "All Occasion Nested Sentiments and Verse" and is stamped inside the JustRite Baroque Nested Frame. I trimmed around the frame and sponged the edges with Distress Ink. It was attached with dimensionals. A blue butterfly was punched using a Martha Stewart punch. To add a little extra "blue" to my card I added a small piece of trim from the Webster's Pages "Color Hollywood" Desiger Trims. To create a pretty border along the bottom, I used a Martha Stewart border punch. To complete the card a few rhinestones were added.

All the products used in this card are available from Joan's Gardens.

I hope you will join us in the challenge this week. Be sure to check out Joan's blog for all the details and to see the prize to be given away.


6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, I hope I have time to play this week!

Colleen said...

Selma,
This is really pretty! Love the colors. Thinking of how I can do the rosette without the die.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Another stunner from the beautiful Northwest! Gorgeous Selma!

Betty Benton said...

Excellent job, standing in for Joan, Selma! I love your card -- of course, I always do!!

Kerrie said...

Another pretty card....

HappyCrafter said...

This is just beautiful! I really like that fan flower you created, and everything ties together well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails