Friday, July 9, 2010

Sympathy Card






I have some happy news.  This morning I found out the card I submitted for the JUGS (Just Us Girls) Saturday challenge was selected for the "Chic of the Week".  What an honor.  I want to thank them for selecting my card.  I will proudly place the badge in my sidebar.  It was a very fun challenge to participate in. 

Now to my card.  Have you seen the new Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies that Joan now has in her store (Joan's Gardens)?  Well she did have them but they are so popular that she sold out very quickly.  However, she is taking orders because she will be receiving  more.  These are precut stamps which also have Spellbinder dies so you don't even have to cut them out.  How fun!  The stamps I used on my card are called Lily Petals.  There are stamps for both the flower petals and for the leaves plus the Spellbinder dies for each.  

The lily petals were stamped with pink ink and cut out with the die, then sponged around the edges.  There is a video on the Heartfelt Creations blog showing how to form the flowers.  I followed these directions to create my flowers and leaves.  The "Perfect Petals" die cut includes the beautiful scrolled background.  I ran a piece of white card stock through the Cuttlebug using the Dotted Swiss embossing folder then attached two of the scrolled background pieces using Pro Glider adhesive.  The flowers and leaves were arranged on top.  The verse is from the JustRite stamp set "Thinking of You".  It was stamped twice and the center cut out of one and attached with dimensionals.  Some Martha Stewart ferns and twisted paper were  added to complete the card.  

Be sure to go over to Joan's blog and see all the beautiful cards created with stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations.  I'm sure you will love them all. 

15 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh, Selma, what a gorgeous card! Your flowers just get prettier and prettier! Congrats on your chick of the week status - you rock!

craftieodmae said...

First congrats!!!! i'm thrilled for you, your flowers are breath taking!!! I did not know they had a blog so thanks for that, got some great hints on cutting them out!!! I love these./

The Other Patti Sue said...

Congrats! Not only are you a great inspiration your also a great leader!You flowers are breath taking and I can't wait to have the time to give it a go!

Betty Benton said...

Again, Selma, such a gorgeous card. So very elegant. Congrats on having your card chosen for Chic of the Week at JUGs! They chose goodly!!

Velta said...

Hi Selma ~ I was just talking to Joan yesterday about your beautiful creations...This one is no exception...I received my dies and stamps yesterday and cannot wait to ink them up...Your take is just gorgeous and I thank you for sharing :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Congrats on your win Selma!
This card is really beautiful and what a great concept!
Must go check out Joans.............Hope all's well with you and yours.

Karen W said...

Congratulations and this is just gorgeous!! I love it all. I think I need to order that big corner spellbinder die also.

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow Selma, what a gorgeous card!!!! I love the pink & white & all the details! And a big congratulations on being chick of the week!!!! You deserve it. TFS

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, oh wow what a fantastic card. I just love it. Your colors are perfect and you really have the hang of those new dies.
Great job!!

I will be getting more of the stamps and dies in as soon as they are available

Joan

Donna said...

This is a beautiful card, Selma. I am in awe of your work. Congratulations on being chosen the Chic of the Week. I read that on the JUGS blog yesterday and though "I know her!" I really have to check out these stamps because they look amazing! So many cool things to play with; so little time and money. Have a wonderful weekend!

Cheri said...

Congratulations, for being selected Chic of the Week at JUGS, Selma! You certainly inspire me with your creations - always!

Anonymous said...

An absolutely BEAUTIFUL card. Congratulations also! How could you NOT WIN Selma? You make the most beautiful cards ever.

Thanks for sharing.
Jackie

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I how that makes such a beautiful Lily of the Valley! I have a feeling I'll have to give them a try.

Darlene said...

Absolutely stunning Selma! I just KNEW you would makes these new flowers bloom beautifully and you did!! Awesome!

AKiteFlier said...

THUD - wow this is amazing - love the flowers and the dainty centers. You really are the flower lady - a title you should wear with pride!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails