Thursday, February 4, 2010





It's time for another StampTV  Blast from the Past Challenge.  I chose Gina's video "Cuttlebugged Wax Paper Background" for your challenge this week.  I had planned to make you another sample, using darker ink so the waxed background would show up better, but I have not been feeling well and just didn't get another one made.  If you go over to my challenge on StampTV you can see the beautiful card my friend Geri made for this challenge and of course you can see Gina's beautiful card on her video. 

The image I used is one of the butterflies from Gina's "Take Flight" stamp set.  It was colored using Copic markers.  The butterfly was masked and the SU flourish was stamped using black ink.  I used The Sizzix Finial Press embossing folder for my wax paper background.  I used a Memento Dew Drop Summer Sky ink pad to color over the waxed background. I hope you can see the waxed design ok.  It doesn't show up as well in the photo as it really does on the card.   A Martha Stewart punch was used to create the bottom border.  A piece of lavender rick rack was added above the border.  The verse from the same set was stamped and each word cut out and matted with purple cs that matches the piece  under the punched border.  Small lavender rhinestones were added in the center of each flower of the border, on the flourish, the butterfly and up on each corner. 

I hope you will go over to StampTV to watch Gina's video then create a card and upload it using the tag stvbpss09.  You will be eligible for a free stamp set that will be given away.  For all the details check out my challenge information here.

5 comments:

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Selma your card is beautiful!!I love the color of your butterfly with the added dewdrops.

A Consuming Passion said...

This is beautiful Selma!
Take care and look after yourself!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very,very pretty! I love that technique!

Nana Griffin said...

Oh Selma your card is beautiful! Who would think you are not feeling well. I hope that you are back to feeling like yourself very soon.

Mr. Mark Thomas said...

My name is Mrs Aisha Usman, am a Citizen Of Singapore. Have you been looking for a loan? Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr. Mark Thomas FOIRM Ronnie Finance Ltd he help me with a loan of $85,000 some days ago after been scammed of $8,000 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $85,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Whats-App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas

LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS
Name:…………
Address…………
Loan Amount:……
Loan duration…
Monthly income…………
Nationality……
Country………
Occupation......
State…………
Zip/Code………
Gender…………
Age…………
Marital Status……………
Telephone………………

FORM Ronnie Finance Ltd
Dr. Mark Thomas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails