Monday, February 8, 2010

Flight of the Fuschia





Did you have a big Super Bowl Party?  We had one but I'm not that interested in the game but some of the commercials are pretty funny.  It is time for a new TMITA/PCC challenge. This week we are working with this beautiful digital image from Nina May called "Flight of the Fuschia".  Patti J Gilliam is the design team hostess this week and she has asked us to make a "comforting" (thinking of you, get well, sympathy, etc.)  card using flourishes and/or pearls. 

I'm not sure this shows up well in the picture, but I embossed the white cs with Sizzix Final Press embossing folder then cut a frame out of the middle of it with a rectangle Nestability -- so this is an open frame rather than a layered frame.  There are flourishes in this embossed design.   I then cut a smaller frame out of a piece of black cs and mounted this on a piece of Sahara Sand cs.  "Thinking of you" was black embossed on the bottom of the frame.  The bird and fuschia were printed off then colored with Copic markers and cut out.  The design was mounted with dimensional tape.  Some leaves were punched out of the Sahara Sand cs and put in the corner.  Black pearls were added to complete the card. 

Be sure to go over to TMITA/PCC this week to get this free digital image and enter a card into the challenge. 


9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty! Love the embossing! I'm with you it's all about the commercials. They weren't all that great this year... :(

Payne Holler Cards said...

just lovely! that embossing frame is wonderful....

Nana Griffin said...

Your card is beautiful! Super Bowl ya.Today when the news told which commercials were the favorites I was surprised. I always like the animals and they didn't seem to get raves this year.There were alot of pretty bad ones I thought.
So glad you are doing much better and I always enjoy seeing your posts.

Patti J said...

Selma, you have so many beautiful details in your card! First, I am crazy about that embossing! Wow - looks so good! And your frame is such a wonderful idea! What a beautiful card, my friend!

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma, I just love all the details that you put on your cards! This card is really lovely as always! TFS

Nilla said...

Fabulous card, love the leaves! Perfect! Hugs Nilla

CraftinGranny said...

Great card Selma! Love the frame. Your embossing looks really good and clean. Any tips on how you did that? Mine always end up messy.
"Hugs" Granny

Kim Mc said...

Wow, Selma! Love the cut out frame...gives it such great dimension! And those punched leaves are fab...I really gotta get me some of those punches! Thanks for the inspiration!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

A Consuming Passion said...

I love how you framed and embossed your card!!
We both had a mad moment and cut this image out....are we mad!!!
Your card is, as always beautiful!
I love the card before and following this too! I don't have that set from Melanie but think I should get it - I keep seeing such lovely cards made using it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails