Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snow Covered Trees



I have been gone most of the day.  I had the idea for making the above card but it did not turn out as nice as I wanted, but I don't have time make a new one so I am posting this one just so you can see the idea. 

I stamped trees from Gina K's "Tree Silhouettes" with always artichoke ink on "moonlit fog" CS also from GKD.  I then used a Martha Stewart punch for branches and glued layers over the stamped trees.  I used two different colors CS.  I used one of the snowflakes from Gina's  "Holiday Cheer" stamp set for the large snowflakes. The part I am not very happy with is the snow.  I used some Sparkle Snow by Delta.  I am sure it is very pretty when applied better than what I did.  I silver embossed the greeting from GKD "Holiday Greetings" and cut it out with a Nestability die and attached with a dimensional dot.

I will definitely play with making more trees using this stamp and punch,  and hopefully it will turn out prettier.  Have you used this punch to create trees? 

13 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I don't see a thing wrong with this card, it's gorgeous! I may try this braches on the trees.

redwasher1 said...

Selma, I have some of that same snow and I couldn't get it to look right for me either. Must be a trick to it!! LOL. I have that punch but had not thought to try making trees, I think I see a card coming. LOL. Your trees look wonderful.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very clever idea Selma! Your card id gorgeous!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! this looks just like a winter wonderland!

Jennie said...

Wow, love this! What a great idea in using that punch this way :o) Cool!!! Great card :o)

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi again, havent used the punch like that but I bet a bunch of us will now!!!...so cool we have the same Bday - did you get many bday parties growing up? not me, too close to Christmas but always had an "extra" gift under the tree!
..can't wait to hear your announcement...dont tell me your expecting!!! thud LOL I think I'm sleep deprived, forgive me :))

Anonymous said...

Loved the idea with the punch for the trees !! What a great idea. Have a great day, Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Selma, I didn't know you had a blog! Im blonde....sometimes it takes me a while! I think your card is great! I think ALL your cards are Great!

Nana Griffin said...

Selma, Your trees are wonderful! I have that punch and have not thought of using it this way. I love this punch so thanks for another way to use it.

Janet said...

What a brilliant idea! Never would have thought of using the foliage punch for trees. Your snow looks fine to me.

Pattyjo said...

I think it is gorgeous! I don't know if it looks different in person, but the photo of it is awesome! I bet it would look great in a shadow box too!
Pattyjo

Dianna said...

Selma,

Well, in my opinion I think this is a beautiful card, and you captured trees with fresh dusting of snow, and it looks great. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, you really are very creative and have beautiful cards to show for it.

Dianna

Nina said...

wow this card is so different and I just love... I think is looks just fine and it's beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails