Thursday, July 9, 2009

Daisy Garden



It was fun reading all your comments on the cards I made for Melanie yesterday. Thank you for all your kind words. It has been so much fun designing cards with her new stamp set "Arranged with Love."

This is another flower card but I made it with Asela's "Flowers For Daisy" set, available from Gina K Designs. Lynn is hosting a challenge on StampTV to make a card using punches. I decided to enter this challenge. I used two punches and some die cuts.

The background paper for this card was selected from the Basic Grey "Bittersweet" paper pad. The color of the mats are Rose Red, White, and Certainly Celery. I stamped the daisies then colored the center with a marker. I then cut them out and cut between the petals then daubed my VersaMark pad all over the top. They were then heat embossed with clear embossing powder and the petals shaped to look like real daisies. The reason I decided to clear emboss the flowers was to make them a little stiffer so I could shape them while they were still warm. They were mounted on the frame with dimensionals. I used two Martha Stewart punches . . . one for the leaves and one for the butterflies. The corners were cut with a Sizzix die and the border across the middle is a Cuttlebug die. The white piece on the left side is white card stock that I scored on my ScorPal. Did you notice I didn't use ribbon or pearls!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.


5 comments:

Mary Director said...

Very nice dimension to this card. GREAT card.

Sharri said...

Selma, This is stunning!!! The layout and all the details are amazing!

Cathryn said...

Selma, This is sooo beautiful!!!
You always put so many elegant touches in everything you create, I love to come look :)

Dianna said...

Selma,

Sorry I am a little behind in checking out your blog, but I knew once I got time I would be in store for a special treat of more beautiful cards. I love daisies, so this card really is high in my book. Lovely job again, and the daisies just look like they could just jump out. BEAUTIFUL..as usual.
Dianna

Jose said...

Gorgeous card, and what an idea embossing with clear embossing power the cut out flowers, must give that a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails