Saturday, May 30, 2009

Peach Flowers

This card was completed for another Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. The flowers are from "A Year of Flowers" available from GinaK Designs. The flowers were watercolored using SU Groovy Guava . I used the aqua brush and reinker in the lid of the stamp pad. A piece of designer paper was used from my scrap box and I don't know manufacturer. Long rectangle and square Nestabilities were used to cut the frames. After mounting everything using dimensionals, black micro beads were added to the centers of the flowers to give a realistic look. I also cut between each of the petals of the flowers to give more dimension. I just purchased a lot of different colors of flat back pearls from Joan Fricker at "Joan's Garden". She has a wide variety of colors. These peach colored pearls match perfectly. The little gold charm is something from my stash and I also added a flat back pearl to the center to coordinate with the rest on the card.

Have a fun weekend.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

Selma,

This card is so pretty. I love how you layered the nesties and you didn't mention it in your post but I see that you also used your cuttlebug embossing folder, (swirls maybe) I think you cutting into the flowers really gave them dimension. The pearls really add a lot of class to the card.

Gorgeous card.
Dianna

Betty Benton said...

Another beautiful creation, Selma! Your cards are works of art! I've got to keep my eyes open for the black micro beads -- haven't seen any that color. They look great as flower centers!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is one of the prettiest cards I have seen. I love how you cut the flowers,the embossing really sets it off and I love all the embellisments (espeically the pearls...smile)
It is absolutely stunning!

Joan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails